We left on Friday in icy conditions, and three days later we return to find the same. Our flight back to Portland was actually oversold and they asked for volunteers. We were seriously contemplating taking the offer, but the Portland forecast was for freezing rain Tuesday morning that was supposed to last through the afternoon. If that was the case, there would be a good chance that our MAX trains would be disabled and our walk home would be that much more treacherous. So we decided to stick with our original flight and hope that we got back to Portland on time.